Great Lakes JR Gold Tour Rules 2017/18 Season.
1. This is an opportunity advancer to the USBC Jr Gold National Championship. each event shall be a USBC Sport shot certified scratch tournament that is open to any USBC Youth Member. NO bowler may hold a Adult USBC membership. Bowlers must be 20 years or younger as of July 31, 2018. Note- No bowler can turn 21 at at anytime during this season, or they will be ineligible to compete as a USBC Youth bowler. All rules of USBC will be enforced, unless otherwise written out by GLJGT. To win a JR Gold spot, you must be a: USBC Youth Member, must have paid at least the National sanction fee $4 if they are not already a sanctioned bowler through a sanction Youth league, and hold a JR Gold Membership, or purchase one prior to the 1st ball of a qualifying event. USBC National Youth membership sanctions can be purchased on Bowl.com, through a local association or league, or GLJGT at any event. Youth Sanctions/ and-or JR Gold Memberships can also be paid using our online entry.
2. Age Divisions: There is 3 age divisions: GLJGT is not responsible if a bowler checks/ Competes in the wrong division. Any bowler who is in wrong division/ or Illegal bowler will not receive a refund of their entry fee.
U12: D.O.B.. 8/1/05 or later. (reworded) Aug 1, 2005 --- Current date Page 3 of USBC
U15: D.O.B.. 8/1/02 - 7/31/05 (reworded Aug 1, 2002 --- July 31, 2005) JR Gold book
U20: D.O.B.. 8/1/97 - 7/31/02 (reworded Aug 1, 1997 --- July 31, 2002) 2017/2018
3. Regular Event Entry fee Breakdowns. Bowl for Smart Scholarship only, or bowl for JR Gold spot +Smart Scholarships.
Regular Event Entry Fee Breakdowns
Ratio for Gold Spot U12- 1:4, U15- 1:5, U20- 1:6
Bowl for Scholarships only:
U12: Entry Fee - $30 = 10.50 Lineage, 7 Event Schol, 11.50 Misc/Awards, End of Season - 1.00 (E.O.S) = $30 Entry fee
U15: Entry Fee - $35 = 10.50 Lineage, 9 Event Schol, 14.50 Misc/Awards, End of Season - 1.00 (E.O.S) = $35 Entry fee
U20: Entry Fee - $40 = 10.50 Lineage, 14 Event Schol, 14.50 Misc/Awards, End of Season - 1.00 (E.O.S). = $40 Entry fee
Bowl for JR Gold + Scholarships:
U12: Entry Fee - $55 = $25/ (J/G), 10.50 Lineage, 7 Event Schol, 11.50 Misc/Award, 1.00 E.O.S. = $55.00 Entry Fee
U15: Entry Fee - $65 = $30/ (J/G), 10.50 Lineage, 9 Event Schol, 14.50 Misc/award, 1.00 E.O.S. = $65.00 Entry Fee
U20: Entry Fee - $65 = $33.50/ (J/G) 10.50 Lineage, 14 Event Schol, 14.50 Misc/Award, 1.00 E.O.S. = $73.50 Entry Fee
4 . Formats for Regular Events: All bowlers will bowl 4 qualifying games. Then we move into Advancer round per divisions, pending # of bowlers:
All bowlers in advancer round will earn SMARTS
Scores DO NOT carry over
Advancers- 4 - 9 Bowlers. Skip Advancer Round.
Top 3 bowl Stepladder. Finals
Top 3 earn Scholarships
10 -19 Bowlers. Top 4 bowl Match Play
1 vs 4, 2 vs 3. 2 games total pins
Top 4 earn Scholarships
20 + Bowlers. Top 6 bowl Match Play
1 vs 6, 2 vs 5, etc. 2 games total pins
Top 6 earn Scholarships
4 - 9 Bowlers. NO Semi Finals
Top 3 Bowl single game Stepladder
10-19 Bowlers. Top 2 Bowl Single game Match Play
20 + Bowlers. Top 3 Bowl single game stepladder
Scholarship payout breakdown
Entry fee + 50/50 drawings
| 4 - 9 Bowlers||10 - 20 Bowlers||21+ Bowlers|
| #1 50%||#1 40%||#1 35%|
|#2 30%||#2 30%||#2 25%|
|#3 20%||#3 20%||#3 15%|
|#4 10%||#4 10%|
5. Big Pot Scholarship events. These dates will have a different format & Entry forms. To create the larger scholarship opportunity to offer, we have increased the Entry fee, . eliminated the extra roll offs/ finals. These bowlers will bowl a 8 game qualifier only.
Big Pot Scholarship Entry Fee Breakdowns
Bowl for Scholarship only:
U12: Entry Fee - $60 = $18 Lineage, $16 Exp/award, $25 Scholarships
U15: Entry Fee - $70 = $18 Lineage, $16 Exp/award, $35 Scholarships
U20: Entry Fee - $80 = $18 Lineage, $16 Exp/award, $45 Scholarships
Bowl for JR Gold + Scholarships. Entry Fee breakdown
U12: Entry Fee - $85 = $25/(J/G), + $60 Entry (includes above breakdowns)
U15: Entry Fee - $100 = $30/(J/G), + $70 Entry (includes above breakdowns)
U20: Entry Fee - $113.50 = $33.50/(J/G), + $80 Entry (includes above breakdowns)
JR Gold spots. Ratio: U12: 1:4 , U15: 1:5, U20: 1:6
Big Pot Scholarship award :
4 - 9 bowlers #1 Bowler (60%) #2 (30%), #3 (10%) Top 3
10 - 19 bowlers #1 Bowler (50%) #2 (25%) #3 (15%) #4 (10%) Top 4
20 - 40 bowlers #1 Bowler (45%) #2 (25%) #3 (15%) #4 (10%) #5 (5%) Top 5
41 + bowers #1 Bowler (40%) #2 (20%) #3 (15%) #4 - #5 (10%) #6 (5%) Top 6
6. Divisions of bowlers: There are 6 divisions (6). U12, U15, U20. Boys and girls per event pending enough bowlers per groups competing. U12- 8 spot will be held open (4 Boys, 4 girls), up to 5 days prior to events. At that time spots left unfilled, up to the Tourney maximum will go to the next available bowler on the waiting list if one is started.
7. Lane assignments: Bowlers will be assigned lanes at checkin in order of check in.
8. Ratio of Gold spot awards: U12: 1:4, U15: 1:5, U20: 1:6 actual bowlers competing for JR Gold spots. Should a bowler already be Qualified Jr Gold, then the spot will be awarded to the next highest bowler competing for a Jr Gold spot.
9. Mixed divisions: In the event a division does not meet the minimum number of bowlers competing for a gold spot, the tournament director has right to mix divisions by rules of USBC JR Gold. This is only if a group does not meet the minimum of 4 JR Gold bowlers. In any division if a boy field does not meet minimum, and the girls field does meet the minimum, the boy bowler may not bowl in the same field with the girls. However the boy bowler may opt to move up (not down) in an age division to compete for a Gold spot. If any girls’s field does not meet minimum (4) the girls may choose to bowl in a boys field even if the minimum number of bowlers for the boys has been met, and this will be a new division called mixed, for one field of Mixed U12 bowlers.
10. Awarding Gold spots: Jr Gold spots will be awarded based on bowler qualifying scores. At end of qualifying games, highest pinfall bowlers competing for JR Gold spots, will be awarded JR Gold spots based on the ratio per divisions. In any event that has less than the tournament ratio per divisions to award gold spots, the tournament director has the right to change the ratio for the division based on the bowlers who are bowling for Gold spots. Since the number of bowlers competing for Gold spots is less than the ratio, the remaining bowlers competing for Gold must make up the difference of shortfall to award the Gold spot. The difference of the shortage for the gold spot must be paid by the remaining bowlers in an even distribution cost. No one bowler can make up the shortage. So as long as the minimum of bowlers competing for gold has been met, there is no difference for bowlers to make up.
11. Awarding Additional Gold spots in U12: the ratio used for GLJGT is 1:4 in U12. The 2nd place bowler can claim a 2nd spot for JR Gold, if this group has 5-7 bowlers bowling for a Gold spot. The 2nd place JR Gold competitor can claim a JR Gold spot by paying the difference of shortage of bowlers. Just paying the JR Gold cost portion only, not the entire entry fee. If 2nd place bowler chooses not to accept the alternate spot, the alternate spot does not pass down to the next bowler.
12. Awarding Addition JR Gold spots in U15 and U20: the ratio for U15 is 1:5, and U20 is 1:6, for awarding JR Gold spots. In events beyond the minimum of bowlers awarding JR gold spots : U15 is 6-9 bowlers & U20 is 7-11 bowlers, just like in the U12 division, the 2nd highest finishing bowler can claim a JR Gold spot by paying the difference of shortage of bowlers to award a 2nd Gold spot. In event the 2nd highest bowler chooses not to accept the alternate spot, the alternate spot does not pass down to the next bowler.
13. Ties in scores. In an event that the bowlers tie in total pinfall of qualifying rounds, the bowler with the higher game in qualifying will be determined the higher seed bowler. In event if the bowlers still have a tie with high games, bowler with highest game first will be placed the top seeded spot accordingly. Advancers round will work same way. In event bowlers tie in total pins, bowler who shot the higher game, will be awarded win.
14. Scholarships awards: All scholarship will be awarded in Point Value in accordance with rules of USBC Amateur eligibility status. All Scholarships will be held in a SMART fund account. Each bowler will pay a portion of their entry fee into the scholarship fund. In each division, the scholarship funds per divisions will only be available to those paid into the fund of that division. For Example, U12 bowlers will only compete for U12 scholarship divisions, U15 will compete for scholarships in the U15 division, and U20 will only bowl for scholarships in the U20 divisions.
15. Patterns. Patterns will be posted on our website www.gljgt.org & Facebook page of Great Lakes JR Gold Tour. Patterns are to be posted on Friday prior to each event.
16. Tournament times: Times will vary slightly. See event schedule for posted times. We will do our best to work with these times, however sometimes due to circumstances beyond our control, starting times may adjusted. Tournament director has the right to adjust times, and will do our best to notify all bowlers in advance if this happens. We will post any changes on our website and Facebook.
17. Bowlers per lane: 3 or 4 per lane, depending on number of bowlers and lanes available. Only bowlers, and tournament officials in the bowler area please. Parents/coaches are allowed to coach their bowlers, but the bowler must leave the bowlers area, and go to the spectators area. It has happened before, where we had a 5th bowler on a lane, but we will make every attempt not to overload the lanes with bowlers, to keep the event moving.
18. Scoring: All bowlers will keep their own scores. At end of each game, an opponent on your lane will initial your score card for verify scores. At completion of qualifying games, all bowlers will total up their own score card and turn into tournament office. Any bowler who does not turn in a score sheet will receive an “0” for game totals, and possibility of not bowling in future events of GLJGT. After all scores are turned in, we will verify all scores, and announce the cut of advancing bowlers.
19. Dress code: We will be following Jr Gold Rules of dress code: unless noted.
Shirts: Competitors shall provide their own bowling shirt with a collared, V-neck, rib-lined or banded necklines. Mock collar must be a minimum of three-quarters of one inch. All shirts must have finished sleeves for all competition. Females may wear a sleeveless shirt with a butterfly collar only if the sleeves are finished. It is recommended that participants have their names on their shirts (first and last name is recommended), but it is not required. If the participant choose to have a name on the back, the lettering must be a minimum of one-inch high and a maximum of three inches high on the back of shirts during all tournament play. Hand-printed lettering is not permitted. Lettering must be in contrasting color to backing (light on dark, or dark on light material) so it can be easily read from a distance.
Pants: Male participants are required to wear full slacks. Slacks must not contain drawstring waists or elastic bottoms. Slacks must have a zipper and a button to be eligible. Jeans are not permitted. Female participants are required to wear slacks, skirts, culottes, skorts or walking shorts. All skirts, culottes, skorts, or walking shorts must be no shorter than one-half the distance from the inseam to the top of the knee in length and/or no shorter than the fingertips when the arms are at their sides while standing. Jeans and yoga pants are not permitted.
Headgear: No covering or sunglasses can be worn while practicing or competing (hats, caps, or bandannas, etc.), unless a request is made in writing and approved prior to the event.
20. ABSOLUTELY NO CELL PHONES OR MUSIC DEVICES, during any competition includes, texting, checking messages, talking on cell phone. Listening to music while bowling is prohibited. 1st offense is verbal warning, 2nd offense could lead to disqualification from event.
21. Behavior/ abuse of equipment: Abuse of equipment of bowling house, disruptive language, foul language, excessive hand clapping, slapping, and or/ unprofessional behavior by bowlers or any spectators are cause for dismissal from this or any future events & Entry fee(s) will not be refunded.
22. Bowling equipment must meet USBC specification. Any bowler who knowingly uses illegal equipment will be barred from events. The use of any powder or foreign substance On shoes, the approach, the facility floor, or carpet, or even a bowling towel is not allowed
23. Altering ball surface. NO ball surface may be altered after the practice, set prior to qualifying games. Once competition begins, only a dry towel may be used to wipe or contact the ball. All liquids, sprays, sanding pads, must be done prior to 1st ball of qualifying games.. However-- after qualifying games, and prior to match play advancer round bowlers may use this time to alter surface of equipment if they choose. Then When bowlers reach the step ladders, bowlers may alter their ball surface during practice Once the step ladders start, there will be no more ball surface changing.
24. Empowerment: Tournament manager has right to refuse any entry. The bowler who voluntarily enters this event, agrees to accept the final decision of the Tournament Manager, by interpreting and enforcing, in accordance with Rule 329 of USBC.
25. Payment: Great Lakes JR Gold Tour will accept payment by either: Online registration through our website, by mail, or at tournament check in on the day of competition. All checks mailed for events must be payable to GLJGT. Spots will not be saved or reserved by calling and asking. We will not be responsible for any checks lost in the mail. Do not mail cash. Entry forms that are not readable or have no entry fee enclosed will not be honored. Faxes will not be accepted. Walk in entries will be accessed a 10 dollar late fee. If a check is returned for any reason, a 30 dollar fee will be charged to you, unless a bank error is proven (printed document,teller stamped and signed by a bank representative)
26. Tournament NO Shows: If you enter an event and you don’t show up, you forfeit your entry fee, unless you contact us directly and cancel within a minimum of 24 hours prior to the event. Then we will either return your entry fee minus a $10 service charge, or you may advance that entry fee to a future event. You must speak with us directly, sending a text message, email or voice mail will not be accepted.
27. Protests: Any and all objections or protests must come from the bowlers. Objections from the parents or spectators will not be heard. GLJGT will bar any bowler Or parent from the bowling center, if they are deemed a distraction to the bowlers.
28. Contact source: You can reach us through 6 Sources.
Facebook Page of- Great Lakes JR Gold Tour- GLJGT, firstname.lastname@example.org
Director Jeff Wirtz- Cell/Text. 269 579 1368
Mailing - GLJGT, 150 Carleton Dr. S. Battle Creek, MI 49017
29. Tournament director has the right to update or change any part of these rules in accordance with USBC rules.
30. GLJGT will be doing pictures & video taping of some events to post on our website. Any bowler entering any event run by GLJGT, understands they may be photographed, or vidieo taped. All bowlers who choose to compete in a GLJGT event, are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement from GLJGT or USBC, for pictures or video used unless prior arrangements are made. GLJGTor USBC is not entitled to sell or charge A fee for reproduction of any pictures/ or video.
31. Replacement bowlers. The final day Jr Gold will accept replacements for individuals Who decline their Jr Gold Spots is July 2, 2018. After this date, no more adjustment/ or replacements may be added. Jr Gold need time to prepare for the Dallas JR Gold date.
32. In event a bowler takes off/leaves the bowling center after qualifying. Yes it happens. After we post the advancers, if a bowler is not present at paddock. We will Make 1 attempt to call the bowler. The bowler will be given 10 minutes from the phone call to make it to paddock. We will start the time from the end of the phone call. In the event the bowler cannot make it back in time(10 minutes), or arrives after the 10 minutes, we will advance the next present bowler in the house. We may have to adjust the advancers round bowlers of who bowls who, if the next bowler is out of sequence in qualifying order. A replacement bowler, will move into the final seeded spot.
33. Whatever hand the first ball of the tournament is thrown with is the hand you use in competition. NO SWITCHING.
Your shopping cart is empty!